Highlighted

How can I save my custom workspace in Animate 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Animate Community! I'm an old Flash user and back to make a project in Animate for the first time in a long while. I set up a custom workspace but don't see where I can save it, under Window>Workspaces. I just see an option to RESET to Classic, which is what I based my custom workspace off of. 

Referencing the internet, I see NEW WORKSPACE is under the menu above but I don't see it on my system. I read online that there is a "workspace switcher" but I can't find it. Is this switcher just the menu, under Window>Workspaces, above?

Hi mate,

Yeah, in Animate 20 it's a button at the top-right of the application window which will pop a menu/dialog of sort that lets you manage your workspaces.

Clipboard-1.png

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I save my custom workspace in Animate 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Animate Community! I'm an old Flash user and back to make a project in Animate for the first time in a long while. I set up a custom workspace but don't see where I can save it, under Window>Workspaces. I just see an option to RESET to Classic, which is what I based my custom workspace off of. 

Referencing the internet, I see NEW WORKSPACE is under the menu above but I don't see it on my system. I read online that there is a "workspace switcher" but I can't find it. Is this switcher just the menu, under Window>Workspaces, above?

Hi mate,

Yeah, in Animate 20 it's a button at the top-right of the application window which will pop a menu/dialog of sort that lets you manage your workspaces.

Clipboard-1.png

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be ever so helpful if you'd post which version of Animate you're using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ClayUUID,

I'm running v 20.0 (build 17400) on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a Workspace dialogue that lets me save a custom workspace. For me, it's up in the top right corner, on the same row as the home and Mac OSX Finder window controls, next to Test Movie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Clipboard-1.png

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2019 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a poor descision to make it impossible to create a custom workspace from the window>workspaces panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0