Highlighted

How do i copy a layer with a motion tween without linking the layers?

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i copy a layer with a motion tween without linking the symbols in the layers and the layers itself?

For example if a have a symbol and i make it into a motion tween and then i copy the layer and paste it to make a copy of the exact same motion and layer. But then when i change something in one of the layers they both change and I don't want that. I just want to copy a layer so that I don't have to make the exact same motion again.. Somehow the pasted layer automatically links to the other layer that i copied. How do i unlink these layers?

Appreciate your help! 🙂 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do i copy a layer with a motion tween without linking the layers?

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i copy a layer with a motion tween without linking the symbols in the layers and the layers itself?

For example if a have a symbol and i make it into a motion tween and then i copy the layer and paste it to make a copy of the exact same motion and layer. But then when i change something in one of the layers they both change and I don't want that. I just want to copy a layer so that I don't have to make the exact same motion again.. Somehow the pasted layer automatically links to the other layer that i copied. How do i unlink these layers?

Appreciate your help! 🙂 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know how you linked them.  just use copy layer, then paste layer and then edit the layer you want to change.  the unedited layer remains unchanged.  

because you must be doing something (not obvious to me) to cause the issue, lock the layer you don't want to change.  then edit the layer you want to change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0