• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I import an html5 video into animate cc

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an html5 canvas and I want to import a video into one of the frames. The video is also an html 5 canvas, so the published product also has the html doc, the swf, and the image folder. Is this possible? But first, when I click File, Import, and see the choices....import to stage, import to library, open external library, import video....the last one, "import video" is grayed, indicating that it doesn't work....what's the problem?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have asked this in a different way somewhere else. To use video in HTML5 Canvas, open the Components panel and look for Video in the HTML5 set of components. Drag one onto your stage, and set its source in the component's properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works great, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not really making sense. There is no such thing as canvas video. Video files on the web these days are 99% of the time going to be just a single MP4 file, or in rare cases a QT/MOV or AVI. On the other hand, if you mean an HTML5 canvas animation, that would not have a SWF file. SWFs are Flash Player files, not canvas.

None of these things can be imported into Animate. A proper video file can be played back, as Colin explained, using the video component. "Embedding" another HTML5 Canvas animation can be done in similar fashion, with a little more work, by floating an iframe over your canvas. Anything SWF though is right out, since support for SWF on the web has for all practical purposes already ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines