• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import rain/snow effects into Animate?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an animation I put together in Animate. I want to have there be rain fall, turning to snow fall, over 120 frames. I have been looking at After Effects but I can't figure out how to have the transparent motion of rain/snow fall move into Animate. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You can render out a PNG sequence with alpha channel (32-bit) and then import it and overlay that in Animate.

Best approach would be to import the sequence into a symbol container so that you can easily control transparency, blending, position and so on.

FLA file size will get quite large, but this does not matter if you intend to export the project to video.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you trying to import an After Effects animation into Animate instead of the other way around? After Effects actually supports importing SWFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it took me so long to reply. My computer died and I just got it back from the shop. Both replies were helpful. I am going to get the Animate portion dressed to the gills and then take it into After Effects to do the little bit (like making it rain and then snow). Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines