How do I show the Looping panel?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie to Animate and am following along with Dermot O'Connor's "Learning Adobe Animate CC: Animation" on Lynda.com on Animate CC 2017 on the Mac.

He refers to the Looping panel and searching through the Window menu doesn't list it. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017
If it's in connection with Graphic symbols, select one on stage and look in the Properties panel, under the Looping section.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's in connection with Graphic symbols, select one on stage and look in the Properties panel, under the Looping section.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it only shows up if you are selecting Graphic symbols, if you create a Movie Clip it will not show up. Being that Animate initially defaults to creating a Movie Clip when you Select F8 or Go to the Insert menu you may have created a Movie Clip instead of a Graphic symbol.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

Thanks for the tip. I clicked on a graphic symbol and behold, there it was! Thanks a lot; this was holding me up and it's great to leave this sticking point. Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something else; even if you're using a graphic symbol, the loop menu won't necessarily display. I found this out the hard way. I had a graphic symbol selected, but (eventually!) I noticed there's a drop-down window near the top of the object menu...you have to take the extra step of ensuring this field is set to "Graphic".  If it is set to "Movie Clip" you won't see the loop menu, even if you're actually using a graphic symbol.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to current responses - go to Window > Frame Picker. It has additional features beyond what the Properties Panel offers - such as thumbnails of each nested frame.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines