• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you animate a self-drawing line using only one layer?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a simple way to animate schematics. And since I want to export it as interactive HTML5, Animate is perfect for the job. In After Effects they have this Trim Paths effect and this is exacly what I want. Can you do something similar in Animate as well, or am I stuck using motion tweens or masks on multiple layers?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Adobe never even implemented trim paths in Flash Player. The odds of them ever being implemented in Canvas are exponentially less, because HTML5 canvas has no native support for that sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

As far as I can tell, right now the only way is to use masks and/or delete strokes and fills progressively by hand.

Or maybe we're gonna be lucky and someone will take the challenge to create an extension to handle this kind of animation.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To bad the trim paths tool does not exist in Animate (yet). Let's hope it gets implimented at some point. It would be a real timesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly would!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never even implemented trim paths in Flash Player. The odds of them ever being implemented in Canvas are exponentially less, because HTML5 canvas has no native support for that sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah. I know. Been wanting this feature since back in the Flash days, but always done it the hard way or used AE if that was an option. Can't really understand why it's never been implemented though. It's such a basic animation and I would think a lot of people working in Animate want this.

Does HTML5 canvas support the motion, shape and classic tween natively, or is it just some Animate wizardry that impliment it into the HTML5 code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines