• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the color during an animation?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to gradually change the color of the object from white to pink. I want the color 'fade into' pink. I have looked over all the aids that tell you how to animate in Animate and they all say you can do it. I even vaugley remember doing it a hundred years ago or so, but I cannot remember the particulars and none of the listed 'how to's' tell me HOW to do that. They just say it can be done.

Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

I would like to add that the page used by Adobe does not show up on the site, which means there is no way to find out how to do what you have to. I used a YouTube tutorial from 2017 to find the information. I went back to Adobe and listed shape tween to find it on the site at all.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 4.00.10 PM.png

It never came as an option to learn from the Adobe site.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Do you want to create this animation using a timeline or code? And do you have an example?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just using the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more complex objects, one way is to overlap the two objects, each with a different color. Then you can animate the opacity of the top object from 100% to 0. This will create the effect of the color change.

For simple shapes (raw vectors), you can use shape tweens.

For instances with tint applied (select a symbol instance and then go to Properties Panel (Ctrl/Cmd + F3) > Object > Color Effects> Tint) you can create a Classic Tween or Motion Tween.

I hope these help and please let me know if it's still not what you want.

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one animate the opacity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found how to do what is a very simple step. It has to do with Shape tweens. I needed to make a shape tween to change the color. There was an item on YouTube and showed me how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mkMj6vYgfI

That has done the trick! Thank you JC for all your help.

In this video I teach you how to animate an object changing color in adobe flash, its really easy and fast, and you can change its shape as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to add that the page used by Adobe does not show up on the site, which means there is no way to find out how to do what you have to. I used a YouTube tutorial from 2017 to find the information. I went back to Adobe and listed shape tween to find it on the site at all.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 4.00.10 PM.png

It never came as an option to learn from the Adobe site.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines