Highlighted

How do you make an animation appear in part of the screen?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am trying to accomplish is this.

There is going to be an animation that where a long image is simply going to be scrolling to the left.

As it is scrolling to the left, I always want half of the stage (cut vertically) to have the greyscale filter on it. So technically, each frame would have a different part of the animated image on greyscale.

The only way I can see this getting accomplished is to make two different animations happen concurrently and have the stage split somehow so each animation can appear in one half of the stage. However, I do not know how this would be accomplished or even if it can be accomplished.

If there is an easier solution or no solution at all, please let me know. I don't know what to do.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you make an animation appear in part of the screen?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am trying to accomplish is this.

There is going to be an animation that where a long image is simply going to be scrolling to the left.

As it is scrolling to the left, I always want half of the stage (cut vertically) to have the greyscale filter on it. So technically, each frame would have a different part of the animated image on greyscale.

The only way I can see this getting accomplished is to make two different animations happen concurrently and have the stage split somehow so each animation can appear in one half of the stage. However, I do not know how this would be accomplished or even if it can be accomplished.

If there is an easier solution or no solution at all, please let me know. I don't know what to do.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it can be done.

one way would be to use two images, one grayscale and one not.

duplicate (or more) both so you can re-position each seamlessly (if you want infinite scrolling).

the one in the top-most layer will need to be masked so the other (below) will display.

i would use code to tween both so it's easy to control the re-positioning (if you're using infinite scrolling).  if you're just tweening once, it would be easier to use timeline tweening for each.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing, how do you do that seamless scrolling if they are two animations?

If I put one beside the other, the one on top will just scroll over the second one as they will be in different layers.

That's my question, is there a way for each animation to cut off at a section on the stage (have each layer only take up a section of the stage)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried layering the images over each other lined up, then masking square on one so when they move at the same time both images show, but one would be in color and the other in gray.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not. I do not know how masking works in Adobe Animate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this AS3 or HTML? If HTML, you cannot apply filters to animated elements.

As for your other questions, you do know about mask layers, yes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually dont however some information or a link to a tutorial would be nice

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Here is one way of achieving what you want.

animate_cc_scrolling_image.zip - Google Drive

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0