Highlighted

How do you make frames play automatically in the timeline without the use of buttons?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a range of scenes that I imported to the stage as an image sequence, and they are now on the timeline. Some of the scenes need to be accessible by the use of buttons, however some scenes need to play automatically after one another without the user needing to click anything. I added the 'stop at this frame' action in order to get it to play in the 'debug' preview mode, however this doesn't seem to work; is there any other way of getting this to work?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

adding code (eg, a stop() )will stop play of a timeline.  otherwise,, in the absence of code to stop a timeline, a timeline will play.   eg, by default, timeline's (including the main one with different scenes) will play from frame 1 of the first scene to the last frame of the last scene.

if a timeline's been stopped, executing a play() will restart play of the stopped timeline.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you make frames play automatically in the timeline without the use of buttons?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a range of scenes that I imported to the stage as an image sequence, and they are now on the timeline. Some of the scenes need to be accessible by the use of buttons, however some scenes need to play automatically after one another without the user needing to click anything. I added the 'stop at this frame' action in order to get it to play in the 'debug' preview mode, however this doesn't seem to work; is there any other way of getting this to work?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

adding code (eg, a stop() )will stop play of a timeline.  otherwise,, in the absence of code to stop a timeline, a timeline will play.   eg, by default, timeline's (including the main one with different scenes) will play from frame 1 of the first scene to the last frame of the last scene.

if a timeline's been stopped, executing a play() will restart play of the stopped timeline.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0