Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long will CreateJS be available?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a question regarding the HTML5 - CreateJS support.
I have created a simple Adobe animate HTML5 project containing a simple Motion Tween animation on it. After publishing the project to HTML5 canvas, when I looked at the html code generated by Adobe Animate, I saw codes for establishing the connection to the external CreateJS site for it to function correctly.
I don't know the exact technical term for this external CreateJS connection/dependancy but I have a question.
Will CreateJS be supported in the next 20 years? Perhaps this question can only be answered by people who created CreateJS and providing the CreateJS to all HTML5 canvas contents on the web, but I am asking this question because it looks like the generated HTML5 canvas is very dependant on the CreateJS and it won't work unless CreateJS is provided externally.
Will HTML5 Canvas stop function just like Adobe Flash swf when the people who created/providing CreateJS service terminate their service? Or is their any other way to make HTML5 canvas web contents (created by using Adobe Animate) to work without using CreateJS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Yes, we always use a copy of createjs on our server for the canvas files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the HTML page is linking to the external createjs javascript file by:

<script src="https://code.createjs.com/createjs-2015.11.26.min.js"></script> 

and I see many javascript functions on the page referring to the codes writting on the createjs-2015.11.26.min.js javascript file, eg. var loader = new createjs.LoadQueue(false);

So, even if createjs.com shuts down, developers can simply copy/download the createjs-2015.11.26.min.js file and put them on their local directory of the website for all html5 canvas contents to function correctly... am I right?

<script src="/createjs-2015.11.26.min.js"></script> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we always use a copy of createjs on our server for the canvas files.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you n. tilcheff, so now I can create HTML5 canvas animation with Adobe Animate without worries,... In the past, I've created more than 1000 Adobe Flash AS2 swf files which were connecting to the backend database through loadvariablesnum(..) but I've lost all of them due to the fact that flash is no longer supported by mobile devices & PCs. Now, I will start creating HTML5 canvas animation files but this time I will be using javascript functions and form submission for the connecting to the database. Long Live CreateJS, Long Live javascript,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with your project, mate!

The end of Flash is painful for everyone, myslef included.

I know that there are people working on different solutions to keep SWFs alive, but it is unclear whether they will succeed fully or not.

One such tool in development is this: https://ruffle.rs/

All the best!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pssst... Publish Settings -> Advanced -> Uncheck Hosted Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines