• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change font size on Library in Animate 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the font size in the Library list and the Actions list in Animate 2020?

In Adobe Animate 2019 the size was all right, but in 2020 the text is way too big.

Only today I've spent at least 15 useless minutes scrolling up and down in the library, in order to navigate.

Who's responsible for this design flaw?

I want to know who I should invoice for the time I wasted today and the following days!

For the record, my main Animate window is on a 4K 31,5" and the actions is on a QHD 27".

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

check nick's message because i can't tell what he's seeing. (i'm on an iphone.)

but if the problem is the height of library items, i see that too and demonstrated the problem to the. animate development team.

in the meantime you should use library folders to organize your library. you can then collapse and expand those folders as needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

action panel: preferences>edit preferences>code editor> select your font, size etc

library: i don't how to control text there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I do know about font size in the code editor. My problem is that I have a list of ~70 movieclips containing actions plus all of them are expanded by default = very slow to browse through. I wish it was possible to create folders in the actions list, just like in the library.

By the way in the code editor it's possible to change font size by holding Ctrl + scrolling with the mouse, which is nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i misunderstood your question then.  "How do I change the font size in the Library list and the Actions list in Animate 2020?"

i thought you were asking about two issues: one with the actions panel and a second with the library panel.

are you now saying there's some problem with the library panel because of movieclips that contain code?  

p.s. a screenshot might be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is indeed the font size in the Library item list and the Actions list (not the code editor).

In Animate 2019 the standard font was smaller or with less spacing and now it's bigger and that's a problem.

There's nothing wrong with my eyes so I don't need grandpa sized menu text everywhere.

fontsize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check nick's message because i can't tell what he's seeing. (i'm on an iphone.)

but if the problem is the height of library items, i see that too and demonstrated the problem to the. animate development team.

in the meantime you should use library folders to organize your library. you can then collapse and expand those folders as needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get into the Characters panel.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.43.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I think that the ACPs misunderstood your question completely.

You can't. It's a padding issue with the new interface.

Everything has just been scaled up in an attempt to cater to touch and high DPI screens.

I did complain about it a lot during prerelease, pushed for condensed and relaxed padding, but it was not well implemented.

Font sizes are huge.

We develop a very popular extensions package for animation and many of our dialogs now clip the messages for no apparent reason. It is a mess.

I use a normal 1920x1080 screen and the interface is 15-20% larger even after I made all the possible adjustments. Can't fit all the panels I need any more.

We'll have to push and push until they provide options to condense the padding and reduce the size of the interface.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's what i addressed with each message i posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, mate, I missed your last post in the thread.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(no prob. but i don't like the library either and discussed with the animate engineers here at max.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously they had no intension to listen to you, in my eyes this version is broken and should never have been released for production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines