• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change to twos while keeping the nondestructive editing state of the tween?

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2D drawing animations typically use twelve drawings instead of 24 drawings on a 24fps timeline.

Using 24 drawings is called full-frame animation or ones. The way to use twelve drawings is called twos.

The animations created by Tween in AN are ones. But I want twos for tonne manners in my project.

And at the same time I want to keep the nondestructive editing state of Tween.

That is, 'convert to frame by frame animation' function is not an option for me.

I can do this with the timeremap feature in AE.

But how do I do this in AN?

If you know how, please introduce me.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Hi mate,

You should work inside a container where all your tweens are on ones.

On the outside the container should be set to Play Once.

Then you select it and right-click to choose - Keyframe every other frame

Clipboard-1.png

When this is done you select the whole range of frames with Edit Multiple Frames and stop them.

The result will be animation on twos, referring to frames 1, 3, 5, 7 and so on on the internal timeline.

You can still keep working inside the container; Main Timeline will always preview on twos.

Very

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You should work inside a container where all your tweens are on ones.

On the outside the container should be set to Play Once.

Then you select it and right-click to choose - Keyframe every other frame

Clipboard-1.png

When this is done you select the whole range of frames with Edit Multiple Frames and stop them.

The result will be animation on twos, referring to frames 1, 3, 5, 7 and so on on the internal timeline.

You can still keep working inside the container; Main Timeline will always preview on twos.

Very easy...

and quite pointless in my opinion. Aesthetically you will not gain anything.

If you want to do all animation on twos just set your document to 12 or 12.5 fps and then 50% speed in Premiere before rendering the video.

I've seen studios do this in the Flash 8 days to save time and processing power. Results again are not as good as one might think.

Twos suit hand-drawn animation well because not only reduce the amount of drawings needed but also also reduces the flickering due to imperfections of the linework.

Hope this helps!

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your method works perfectly for me.

Of course, as you say, I get the same aesthetic result.

However, by maintaining the nondestructive state of the tween, I can more flexibly respond to frequent client retake requests.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

You're most welcome, mate.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/n.+tilcheff  wrote

If you want to do all animation on twos just set your document to 12 or 12.5 fps and then 50% speed in Premiere before rendering the video.

Or, don't do that, and just apply a Posterize Time filter to the clip in Premiere to decrease the apparent frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines