• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert SWF file to HTML5?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to convert swf file in Adobe Animate CC, but the swf file does not open in this program. Is it possible to convert a swf file to HTML5? Thanks!

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

No, you cannot convert SWF to HTML using Animate. Well, at least not directly and easily like we would do in a video file conversion.

Ideally, you need to have the source FLA that generated the SWF or you can also search for a good SWF decompiler that will try to create a FLA from the SWF. But usually this process is not perfect.

Then, you can use the command File > Convert To > HTML5 Canvas to convert the graphical scructure to the HTML5 mode. But all coding will need to be rewritten from scratch. Also, some features from ActionScript documents are not supported in HTML5 Canvas documents, like multiframe symbols in masks and most of blending modes.

To sum it all up: convert SWF to HTML5 is not as simple as converting a video file from .mov to .mp4, for example.

Even if some tool out there claims to do this (SWF to HTML5) then probably the conversion will have some issues. The Flash Player and Adobe/Harman AIR worlds are very different from the browsers world.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the video file is not suitable for me because I want to convert a small flash game (swf file less than 100 kB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

You misunderstood my comment. The video part was just a comparison I did. Please read again and if you still have any further questions, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Thanks for your reply.  There used to be google swiffy converter that successfully converted to HTML5, unfortunately Google closed this project. For starters, could you recommend a good SWF-FLA decompiler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines