• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a popup window within Animate?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the Animate Tutorial I am following https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/how-to/animated-infographic.html?guid=e9c0bb70-3c93-41ca-858a-d5dfdb...

but wondering how the supplied file, 05_interactivity.fla. was created? Was it created within Animate or Flash? And whichever can anyone supply a how to video/instructions. I am a novice designer for web, I usually design for print only but have been asked to create a interactive graphic similar to this http://127.0.0.1:8090/animated-infographic.html?14430009, ideally I want an end user to hoover/click over an area and for a pop up window or box to appear, simple (so I thought). Step 5 throws me as they have jumped straight into the loop and creating a stop/start button. 

Can anyone please give me the best and quickest tutorial to follow to allow me to create this. In which ever sodtware package suits best.

Many Thanks

Roberta 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think this thread is going to help you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/make-an-object-appear-on-mouse-hover/m-p/10939136?page=1#M201...

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply JC, I will follow the link, it seemed helpfull for the other girl so hopefully I can crack the tutorial too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I spoke too soon, I haven't a clue where to start with this. Can you give me a step by step guide to even use these files from this link https://github.com/joao-cesar/adobe/tree/master/animate%20cc/html5_canvas/infographic_pop_up

I've opened the adobe_animate_cc_html5_canvas_infographics_pop_ups.fla file and can see the main scene and then double clinked on the 'pop up button' and can sees its own timeline, but how I do this or what I do with the other linked files 'png/html/js' im at a loss. I'm sure I'm being a torture and very coming across a complete novice...because I am apologies!!

Kind Reagrds

Roberta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, the file 05_interactivity.fla was likely created in Flash and then imported into Animate. As for a how-to video or tutorial, I'm not sure where you might find one specifically for that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, the Animate tutorial you linked to does a pretty good job of explaining the basics of how to create an animated infographic. As for the loop and stop/start button, that's actually not too difficult to do. In Animate, you can create a simple button symbol and then add some code to the symbol's timeline to make it loop. For the stop/start button, you can add some code to the button that will stop the play when the button is clicked and then start it again when the button is clicked again. To make this step easier, you can use a plugin that usually is used as a Shopify cart saver, but with it, you can easily create what you need. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't understand the lengthy discussion to do something so basic (open a popup on mouseover):

stage. enableMouseOver(10);

tihis.whatever.addEventListener("mouseover",openF);

function openF(){
window.open("htpps://www.kglad.com","_blank");
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines