How to do an interactive Morse code Animation

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, thanks for viewing my message.

i wanna make an interactive morse code animation like  in the Strangers things scene. 

I am new on Animate. 

The principle is to press buttons in Morse code so that the bulbs associated with the letters light up.
I planned 3 buttons: one for the "dot" (short presses), one for the "dash=(long presses), and a last to stop the shine. For example, I would like to be able to press the "dt" button and then the "dash button so that the letter A lights up. Only I do not manage to chain actions. I am familiar with some scripting.

so i need the scripting for  one character so that i will copy that for every character.

please help me on this

Thanks for reading this loooooong message.

hoping for some scripting.

TOPICS
ActionScript, Code, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to use a timer (eg, Ticker in canvas/html) to do this properly so you can indicate separate letters and words.

then i'd use an object to define the library of dit's and dah's that define each letter/number.  eg, 

var obj = new Object();

obj["dit,dah"] = "A";

obj["dah,dah,dah,dit"] = "B";

etc

then assemble the array (eg, codeA) of dit/dah entered by the user for each letter and use the object to convert dit/dah to a letter.  finally assemble the letters into an array (letterA) to form words.

letterA.push(obj[codeA.join()]);

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines