• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit symbols with preview of the scene?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I’m a beginner at animating in Animate. When I first edited my symbols, I had the preview of the scene and could edit them while seeing the other ones. Then I think I clicked on something and whenever I edit a symbol, the whole scene disappears and I see only that small part of the scene.

If anyone knows what I’m talking about, how do I change it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Hi Batoman

I guess you mean File -> Edit -> Edit in Place. A while ago before version 19 (October 2018) it was apparently so when you had Modify -> Document ... Use Advanced Layers ticked, that Edit in Place didn't work. It's not so in my case but who knows it's worth a try.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Batoman

I guess you mean File -> Edit -> Edit in Place. A while ago before version 19 (October 2018) it was apparently so when you had Modify -> Document ... Use Advanced Layers ticked, that Edit in Place didn't work. It's not so in my case but who knows it's worth a try.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both! That’s exactly what I meant, and it helped a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Klaus has already said, if you want to see everything outside of the currently edited symbol in full colour you go to the View menu > Preview Mode > Full

(To go back to the default view where all but the current timeline is greyed out switch to Anti-alias)

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is caused by having the camera enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines