Highlighted

How to get a shade change while drawing

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets say I am using the color brown. Is it possible for me to just draw and use pressure to make it darker or lighter. Because I need to do that to make something realistic instead of being all just one solid color. If there is another way to do this without using pressure still also tell me. Is there a way to draw and keep drawing and it could get darker and lighter. Instead of having it to be one solid color.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mark@headTrix | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Caleb,

Unfortunately there is no quick key or pressure to help you do that.

But you can certainly change the color and make it darker and lighter.

To do that

1. CLICK on the swatch and click on the little color wheel icon

step1.jpg

2. Click on "B" for Brightness(highlighted in Red) within the "HSB" (Hue, Saturation, Brightness) color and drag the slider to your color to a darker or lighter hue (highlighted in green).

step3.jpg

To speed it up a little.. I'd recommend you suggest to Adobe that they add a quick key to quickly sample colors (like pressing the Option key in Photoshop). But you can choose your colors and create little swatches like an artist's palette. Then you can press "I" on keyboard to get the eyedropper, select the color swatch you want on your stage (see image below) and then switch back to the brush tool by pressing the "B" key on keyboard. Not the best, but I think it should make it pretty quick.

step2.jpg

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get a shade change while drawing

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets say I am using the color brown. Is it possible for me to just draw and use pressure to make it darker or lighter. Because I need to do that to make something realistic instead of being all just one solid color. If there is another way to do this without using pressure still also tell me. Is there a way to draw and keep drawing and it could get darker and lighter. Instead of having it to be one solid color.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mark@headTrix | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Caleb,

To do that

step1.jpg

2. Click on "B" for Brightness(highlighted in Red) within the "HSB" (Hue, Saturation, Brightness) color and drag the slider to your color to a darker or lighter hue (highlighted in green).

step3.jpg

To speed it up a little.. I'd recommend you suggest to Adobe that they add a quick key to quickly sample colors (like pressing the Option key in Photoshop). But you can choose your colors and create little swatches like an artist's palette. Then you can press "I" on keyboard to get the eyedropper, select the color swatch you want on your stage (see image below) and then switch back to the brush tool by pressing the "B" key on keyboard. Not the best, but I think it should make it pretty quick.

step2.jpg

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caleb,

To do that

step1.jpg

step3.jpg

step2.jpg

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the gradation tool after the fact to make it appear as though you go from light to dark. Again probably not really what I think you want but then Animate really isn't a painting tool.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.56.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.56.37 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1