• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get an Animate project to play on Youtube without issues?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues:

The converted MP4 works fine on computer, but not when uploaded to Youtube

Animation is out of sync with audio

Image quality is poor

Stopping and buffering (videos are only 2 mins long)

Is inconsistent (sometimes there are no issues, I then do an almost identical video and there are issues)

Videos perform different on different devices (real sync issues when played on Smart TV)

What I’ve tried:

Using Adobe Animate 2020 with latest Updates

Export Media from Adobe Animate: Format H.264 – Preset Youtube 1080p Full HD (I’ve tried most other presets too)

Using Adobe Media Encoder to convert to MP4 with Youtube Preset (tried other presets too)

SWF to MP4 converter (Swivel) I tried different video and audio bitrates

Uploading Image Sequence to Premiere Pro

Adding audio within Adobe Animate and adding it after video is converted to an MP4

Maybe:

I’m using different frame rates to sync audio with animation (eg. 14fps, 16, 18, 22) Note: Animation looks unnatural if I try to double frame rate

Too many Filters?

Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

It must be your frame rates, mate.

Everything else that you describe is as it should be.

Standard frame rates are 12, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 60. (Actually I would exclude 12 from the list and say it has to be converted to 24 which means every frame is doubled.)

You have to learn to always work with one of these and time your animation so that it looks natural at 25 for example. But that is for the future.

My suggestion is to export a PNG image sequence and reassemble this in Premiere, mapping it to on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be your frame rates, mate.

Everything else that you describe is as it should be.

Standard frame rates are 12, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 60. (Actually I would exclude 12 from the list and say it has to be converted to 24 which means every frame is doubled.)

You have to learn to always work with one of these and time your animation so that it looks natural at 25 for example. But that is for the future.

My suggestion is to export a PNG image sequence and reassemble this in Premiere, mapping it to one of the standard frame rates and see if that performs well on youtube.

I have described the process of setting up a Premiere project in detail here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/export-issue-stops-mid-export/td-p/10424361?page=1

If playback is smooth, regardless of looking natural or not, you will know that the non-standard frame rates are the problem.

Either rework your animation to the closest standard or search for options to interpolate and convert to a different frame rate in Premiere or any other video tool. Hint: it is never optimal.

Personally I use 24 or 25 fps and have never had any issues with playback on youtube. 

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your detailed response. It will take me some time to test. I'll let you know how I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it becomes evident that the fps is the cause of the problems, 22 fps should be able to be played at 24 with insignificant speed up.

14 and 16 fps can be converted to 30 fps by playing them on twos with very insignificant change in timing. In Premiere you set up a 30 fps project, import the PNG sequence and set it to play at 50% which will repeat each frame.

18 fps would be the trickiest to convert. Maybe decreasing the time resolution to 15 fps (using some frame drop tool; possibly calculating the frame length and mapping that onto a 15 fps project in Premiere would be enough), rendering another sequence out and then doubling each frame to 30 would be the best option.

As for audio - keep it separate and match the length to the video length in Premiere.

Good luck, mate!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe this has solved the problem. So, it might be the frame rates.

I changed an 18fps project to 25fps within animate

Then I followed your process of exporting a png sequence of the project into Premiere.

Then, Modify > interpret footage > assume this frame rate: 18fps

I finished by adding audio

My animations are synced to move in time with a music track. I have been doing this by adjusting the fps to match the BPM of the music. For example: frames per beat=10, bpm=108, fps=18 (it is easier to organise animation if frames per beat is at 10).

The MP4’s I’ve created from this process work fine on my computer, so I thought this method works well. But, I started realising issues when some of the videos were uploaded to Youtube, or viewed on a Smart TV or through a projector (particularly videos with 18fps).

Is there a tried and true method to this process of syncing existing music to animation? Or do I just need to follow the steps you listed above?

Again, your help has been amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines