• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the Play button inside a MovieClip to head back to the Main Timeline in Macromedia Flash8

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, I know you all might not use Macromedia Flash 8 anymore these days, but what I'm here and concerned for is that I am planing on uploading a SWF file to the internet. And when I have the "play" button inside the MovieClip, it won't head back to the main timeline. I have the main timeline named "MainMovie" and I want it to head back to the main timeline of the beginning when I click play inside the MovieClip. I want you guy's advice to what code I can use for it in Macromedia Flash 8. And I have screen shot below for a good example for you guys.

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , How to , Other , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I am planing on uploading a SWF file to the internet

You know that all major browsers are completely dropping support for Flash player at the end of 2020, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. Even though it does, I still just wanna show my fans off my new style in work, and when it does retire, I can always re-render it to the HTML format from the FLA work file and update it later on. Since flash won't retire for another 5 months. Either way, I still need your opinion on how I can get the play button from inside the movie clip to head back to the main timeline when I click it.  Like what code do I need for it in Flash 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just gotoAndPlay wherever you want on the root timeline? You haven't mentioned whether you're using AS2 or AS3.

Or if your animation is non-interactive, just export as a video and post it to YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda using a AS2. And can you give me a code example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't "kinda" use AS2. You're either working in an AS2 document or you're not. I'm going to assume that you are. For AS2, to target the root timeline you just use:

_root.gotoAndPlay(1);

Or whatever frame you want. Very simple. I'm surprised you weren't able to find this answer with the Google search you performed before starting this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU. But to be honest, I did see this code. I was just using it in the WRONG WAY. Like for me test, I putted like _root.Test.gotoAndPlay(1); in the action script in my MovieClip to head back to the main timeline. Only it was just _root.gotoAndPlay(1); that I had to put it in. My bad there. But thank you. My problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines