• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import flv files in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked up the answer all over, but its clear that the answers are outdated. flv won't show any errors when imported, yet after I click finish nothing happens. I'm using a local drive, yet it won't open. I go to file -> import -> import video...  Then I select browse then next, then I select skin under all,then next, and then I select finish, it collects the meta data and once that window closes, nothing changes. What I find strange, is the fact that the file explorer calls this an Animate Video File, which makes me wonder why it is that animate requires a more complicated process than importing the video of a file type animate used before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

hi Benjamin

benjamint53654227  wrote

why it is that animate requires a more complicated process than importing the video of a file type animate used before.

I am sure that Adobe advised Flash authors not to use FLV since at least 5 years (and Animate authors can be interpreted as included in this category). You can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert FLV to MP4. Use in Animate File -> Import -> Import Video ... Load external video with playback component with the MP4 format and I'm sure it works. D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Benjamin

benjamint53654227  wrote

why it is that animate requires a more complicated process than importing the video of a file type animate used before.

I am sure that Adobe advised Flash authors not to use FLV since at least 5 years (and Animate authors can be interpreted as included in this category). You can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert FLV to MP4. Use in Animate File -> Import -> Import Video ... Load external video with playback component with the MP4 format and I'm sure it works. Don't work with FLV anymore, that's history.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin, but then is there a way to work with this mp4 real time? I don't see how i can animate on top of a single non moving animaton image.. Ergo: all I see is a frozen first image of the mp4..

Best, Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what steps/settings are you taking/selecting taking to import the mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin, i use:

1. Import to stage > select 'mp4' >Load externalvideo with playback component

> result: a still-image. When i want to animate on layers on top of it there is no 'real time' video playing. 

> when exporting the video is fine though..

2. Import to stage > select 'mp4' > embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline (THIS WAS always perfect)

> Browse> "The video format is not valid for embeddded video. Please select an FLV file. >OK=no result

2b. Convert video > first resulting in a mysterious selection of my 'Title.fla' file, then it suddenly starts AME 2020,

and shows the .mp4 file. I then convert it to 'again' an mp4. No idea what this whole AME interference is needed for in this case (although you may want to explain it to me, bu i work with Flash since i believe 1998, so i would think that importing a simple movie would have beocm much simpler these days. But no, it's a complete dark miracle.

The third option: 3.

I will leave this one, since it already says 'the video cannot be exported'. 

It brings me to the point where i do not know anymore how to import a mp4 movie to my bottom Layer as i used to do and create animations from there...

If you were so kind to read all this i would be kissing your feet if you could help me with this:)

Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

import to the timeline if you want to edit in the ide while viewing the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines