• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import video for rotoscoping

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to animate a music video by rotoscoping over a 2-minute video of live footage.  I won't be animating everything in the frame so I want to be able to export the live footage and the animation as one video file when I'm finished.

So far, when I try to import the mp4 video to animate over, it just gives me a black box on my stage and I haven't found any way to scrub through it or even get it to show me any frames of the actual video (this is using "load external video with playback content"). The video is over 2 minutes long and I'm not sure if that's the source of my problem or if it's even possible to import videos of that length into the timeline/stage.

If you need any clarification on my goals for this project or anything else that will allow you to help me out please let me know!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that the video actually has a couple of frames that are black at the start so I guess it is showing me a frame of the mp4 on my stage when I import it. However, I'm still having trouble finding a way to scrub through the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Import it again but this time choose "Embed H.264 video in timeline..."

After importing, click on a frame in the timeline layer the video is in and hit F5 (insert frames) until you extend it the length of the video. Lock this layer, create a new layer above and start rotoscoping.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines