• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link separate html5 canvases

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a simple point and click type game in html5 where the user can navigate through rooms and explore different items within them.  I was thinking it would maybe be best to have each room in a separate html5 canvas that loads separately when the user clicks their way into the new room.  In other words.  They load one html file, they play around, they click a button and then a new html file loads in its place.  I thought this would keep individual file sizes down and be a better approach than having to load everything at once which would likely be quite slow.

How do I do this though?  Theoretically I could just use the "go to webpage" snippet and put in the web address of the next html file, but with that method I don't think I can make it actually function until it's live on a web server and I'd like to be able to test the game myself locally as it comes together before publishing it.

Anybody have any advice for me on how to make this approach work?  Bare in mind, I'm not particularly programming savy and might need things a bit over explained to understand what you're referring to.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

mentalcase129  wrote

How do I do this though?  Theoretically I could just use the "go to webpage" snippet and put in the web address of the next html file, but with that method I don't think I can make it actually function until it's live on a web server and I'd like to be able to test the game myself locally as it comes together before publishing it.

You know, you could have just tested it in less time than it took you to write a post asking about it.

Yes, this approach will work. Why would it no

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mentalcase129  wrote

You know, you could have just tested it in less time than it took you to write a post asking about it.

Yes, this approach will work. Why would it not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the slow response to this.  I some how missed the notification.  I did eventually get it to work.  When I asked the question I had tested it and it didn't work.  I had to change my approach.  I don't think giving me crap for asking a question was really necessary.  Thanks for you answer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines