Highlighted

How to load child canvases on a parent canvas (HTML5)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to load multiple canvases within a parent canvas without editing the HTML files. I'm trying to do this by making the children canvases as Movie Clips and add them into the parent canvas with the addChild() method.

I've attempted this for hours with no luck.

I know the best way to implement this is by using PreloaderJS, so I used this Stack Overflow discussion: Load HTML5 file to HTML5 Canvas - Stack Overflow

However, the code is outdated, it and never showed how to access the lib.MySlide from the other canvas.

I'm hoping if someone has a solution to this because if I recall in ActionScript 3.0 you could use the loader to load multiple SWF files, and I need a similar functionality.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to load child canvases on a parent canvas (HTML5)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to load multiple canvases within a parent canvas without editing the HTML files. I'm trying to do this by making the children canvases as Movie Clips and add them into the parent canvas with the addChild() method.

I've attempted this for hours with no luck.

I know the best way to implement this is by using PreloaderJS, so I used this Stack Overflow discussion: Load HTML5 file to HTML5 Canvas - Stack Overflow

However, the code is outdated, it and never showed how to access the lib.MySlide from the other canvas.

I'm hoping if someone has a solution to this because if I recall in ActionScript 3.0 you could use the loader to load multiple SWF files, and I need a similar functionality.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2019 0
ClayUUID LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate Canvas documents Do Not Work That Way. There is no equivalent to SWFs being able to load other SWFs into themselves. AFAIK the only way to fake this functionality is to float an iframe over your stage and load documents into that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 0