Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a pop up menu

Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, a simple question really, I would like for the user to click on a help button and have a new window pop up for them to help. Another window other than the main frame. So how would I go to making this new frame and how to code it's appearance and dissapearance. Thanks

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

So just posting this in case anyone comes across this issue as I have found the solution with the help of this website : http://www.danfergusdesign.com/classfiles/oldClasses/VCB331-richMedia1/exercises/controllingMovieClips.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can create a movieclip that you add (using addChild) and remove (using removeChild) from the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am very new to this, what exactly is a movieclip? is it an animation? or another .fla file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a symbol type.

you should read some introductory material about flash.  there's nothing more basic than a movieclip in flash pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would I do with the symbol? now that you mentioned symbol I remember learning about a MovieClip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the movieclip, and now the coding for it is the trouble, I am trying to start the program off with it being invisible, or not there, and when they go to click a button it appears. This is the code I have to make it invisible on the launch of the program (the movieclip is called menu_instructions in the properties menu) :

/*

Nom du programmeur: Tyson Steele

Date: 30/03/2015

Nom du fichier:  U1A7_Puissances.as

Description:  Ce programme liste toutes les valeurs d'une base exposant un chiffre de 0 à l'exposant.

*/

package

{

import flash.display.*;  //Ceci importe les fonctions déjà existant dans le programme pour faire fonctionner les fonctions.

import flash.text.*;

import flash.display.MovieClip;

import flash.events.MouseEvent;

public class U1A7_Puissances extends MovieClip

{

var menu_instructions:MovieClip;

removeChild(menu_instructions);

This is a prtsc of the properties window :

Sorry for the french.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just posting this in case anyone comes across this issue as I have found the solution with the help of this website : http://www.danfergusdesign.com/classfiles/oldClasses/VCB331-richMedia1/exercises/controllingMovieCli...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you explain to me how you solved this? The link you posted is no longer available 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain to me how you solved this? The link you posted is no longer available 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines