• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make certain things appear only in a specific area?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, if anyone here has used clip paint or Paint Tool Sai, for artists that need to color in a specific area, they 'lock it in' so they can color within the lines, or if they need to shade, they lock in so they can only apply color or drawings to that layer. Is there anyway I can do this in flash? I've tried masks but it isn't working the way intended, is there a function here I'm missing?

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to color within the entire interior?  if so, use a fill (and then remove the boundary if desired).

do you want to color within part of the interior?  use a tool (eg, paint brush) with brush mode paint inside.

kglad_0-1618666699935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I want to have it so I can put a symbol inside an interior of an object, so similar principle to the paint bucket tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that, you cannot do.

but you can make it appear as if the content of your symbol is inside the interior of some shape in your object.  if that content extends beyond the borders of your shape, use a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines