• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make layer height on timeline shorter than 'short' option on 100%

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue why to make things worse than it was? Why I can't make layers compact enough on timeline? It makes the Animate usage more challenging, you can see only a very limited number of layers in timeline? If you feel like some people want a taller layer apperance, deliver them, why to deprive others from what they used to use?

You're responsible for professional product development but want to turn it into an ordinary mobile app from Google.Play. It has no sense.

TOPICS
Missing feature , Other , Product issue , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally every resizeable feature in every piece of professional software has a list of options which are less than 100%. Why not to let user decide what layer height he wants to have on timeline? 100%, 200%, and 300%. Where are 25%, 50%, 75%? Where is a custom height after all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just in case you did not see this: there are some settings for the height of layers in the hamburger menu at the top-right of timeline.

Clipboard-1.png

Otherwise I agree - everything is too large and too much screen space is wasted in AA 2020.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've set my preferences exactly like this. It's the best option possible, but it's still excessively tall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, mate!

Don't mean to diverge your thread in any way as I think it is a legitimate concern.

I work with tens, even hundreds of layers and manage them by nesting them in folders and expanding and collapsing those when needed. 

I always keep my Timeline undocked to be able to resize the window when necessary either to see more frames or more layers. I see many people demonstrate various techniques while keeping Timeline docked and I can't imagine how they work at all.

If you haven't tried undocking the Timeline, maybe you should see if this makes things a little better.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, your workaround looks interesting, and tbh I never even thought about it. I gonna give a try to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines