Highlighted

How to make several objects follow the same path?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am new to both animation and Animate. I teach electronics and therefore I want to learn to animate circuits. To animate circuits, I need to make a bunch of balls following along a path. Like this:

Direct-Current-DC.gif

After a lot of messing around, I was able to make that animation. I made the balls move just one position, then I'm looping. I had to customize the movement that the corner-balls did and therefore it looks a bit strange in the corners.

But now I want to create more elaborate circuits. With several twists and turns. And I realize that it's going to be a lot of work to manually create the movement of each ball in more advanced circuits.

So I came across a tutorial on how to make an object follow a path by adding a Motion Tween and pasting a custom path onto the ball's the motion path:

Ball-following-path.gif

That worked fine for one ball. But would it be possible to make a bunch of balls follow the same path so that I get the same effect as in the first animation above? If not, any recommendations on how to achieve what I'm after?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to make several objects follow the same path?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am new to both animation and Animate. I teach electronics and therefore I want to learn to animate circuits. To animate circuits, I need to make a bunch of balls following along a path. Like this:

Direct-Current-DC.gif

After a lot of messing around, I was able to make that animation. I made the balls move just one position, then I'm looping. I had to customize the movement that the corner-balls did and therefore it looks a bit strange in the corners.

But now I want to create more elaborate circuits. With several twists and turns. And I realize that it's going to be a lot of work to manually create the movement of each ball in more advanced circuits.

So I came across a tutorial on how to make an object follow a path by adding a Motion Tween and pasting a custom path onto the ball's the motion path:

Ball-following-path.gif

That worked fine for one ball. But would it be possible to make a bunch of balls follow the same path so that I get the same effect as in the first animation above? If not, any recommendations on how to achieve what I'm after?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?