• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to publish an animation as an .swf?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to publish my animation to my school website and my teacher told us to publish it as an .html and .swf file. She explained how to do it, but when I go to my publish settings, I'm not seeing an option to publish is as a Flash or .swf file. There is only HTML/Java, as shown in the image. I tried messing with other options, like export and such, but I can't find any way to get an .swf file. Please help, I am so confused.

animate.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your teacher apparently needs to be informed that browser SWF support has been deprecated for years and is completely going away in 2021.

That being said, publishing SWF/HTML is only possible from the AS3 document type. You've created your animation in the HTML5 Canvas document type for some reason. You'll have to convert it to the correct type.

And "JS" stands for JavaScript, not Java. Completely different languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines