Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML 5 canvas not supporting gradients, showing black patches in preview

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, '

I am unable to find a standard and defined solution for this. I have to convert several .fla files done with older versions in to HTML5. So I used the Animate's 'Convert to other document formats' option. It successfully converts but with warning "Only circular (not oval) radial gradients are supported."

When I preview it shows black color where the gradients were applied. I was successful to individually change them to solid color with outline. Yet there must be a way to apply gradients (including radial) to animate symbols so that it will work fine in HTM5 animations. If anybody had come across this situation and suggestions welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

var g = new createjs.Graphics();

g.beginRadialGradientFill(["#FF0000", "#00FF00"], [0, 1], 100, 100, 0, 100, 100, 50).drawCircle(100, 100, 50);

var s = new createjs.Shape(g);

s.x = 100;

s.y = 100;

stage.addChild(s);

stage.update();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var g = new createjs.Graphics();

g.beginRadialGradientFill(["#FF0000", "#00FF00"], [0, 1], 100, 100, 0, 100, 100, 50).drawCircle(100, 100, 50);

var s = new createjs.Shape(g);

s.x = 100;

s.y = 100;

stage.addChild(s);

stage.update();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

Can you elaborate your reply please. What you seem to suggest is draw new gradient filled shapes. My issue is converting existing flash project with gradients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you have a radial gradient already assigned to an on-stage object, that will get converted during the conversion process or, at least, it does for me using animate 19.2/windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines