Highlighted

HTML5 Canvas - How to preload all the videos in presentation?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a HTML5 Canvas file for a presentation. Each frame on the timeline has a video component, and Right key stroke goes from frame to frame, and on each frame, a video is played.

How can I preload all of these videos, so when the presentation loads, the videos will play immediately?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

Short answer: You don't.

Medium answer: You don't, because video playback is under control of the browser, and behavior varies between browsers. Mobile browsers especially tend to block any sort of data retrieval by video elements until a direct user interaction.

Long answer: Well... good luck with that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML5 Canvas - How to preload all the videos in presentation?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a HTML5 Canvas file for a presentation. Each frame on the timeline has a video component, and Right key stroke goes from frame to frame, and on each frame, a video is played.

How can I preload all of these videos, so when the presentation loads, the videos will play immediately?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

Medium answer: You don't, because video playback is under control of the browser, and behavior varies between browsers. Mobile browsers especially tend to block any sort of data retrieval by video elements until a direct user interaction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2019 0