• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas - Video stops playing after a few seconds.

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I'm quite new to Animate and only started using it a few months ago. I was required to make a multimedia application using Animate and this includes implementing videos. The platform type is HTML5 Canvas, so in order to implement a video I used "Window" ---> "Component" ---> "Video" then added the video from there. This works perfectly in a separate document, but in my application, I worked ahead and left it so I can come back and add the videos. I added the video, and it only plays for a few seconds before it stops. The actions for that frame include "this.stop();" but this is required so that it does not advance onto the next frame while the user is still viewing the current frame. Is there any way to prevent the frame from advancing, while still allowing the full video to play? The only solution I can think of would be to expand the length of the frame to about 300 seconds, but this is obviously not ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML video doesn't just stop mid-stream by itself. What exactly do you mean by "stops"? Is it disappearing, or pausing, or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines