Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 custom text embed in Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello world!

I want to make an animated banner in Animated CC HTML Canvas and I have to use a custom font "Bebas Kai".
Please tell me if Animated CC automatically embeds fonts in HTML Canvas? Convert font to graphic symbol!

The font does not want to be indexed by Google or worse to change depending on what the viewer has in the PC
Thank you very much for your support!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Hi.

- Static text fields: Animate exports the texts as raw vector shapes or bitmaps depending on your publish settings. The disadvantage of static texts is that you cannot change them with code and they may cause a negative impact on performance if you use a lot of them.

- Dynamic text fields: you get actual texts. You can change them with code, they may be better for performance, but you're gonna have to provide the font families using one of the following methods:

- Web fonts:

Using Adobe Fonts in Animate

Using Google fonts in Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

- Static text fields: Animate exports the texts as raw vector shapes or bitmaps depending on your publish settings. The disadvantage of static texts is that you cannot change them with code and they may cause a negative impact on performance if you use a lot of them.

- Dynamic text fields: you get actual texts. You can change them with code, they may be better for performance, but you're gonna have to provide the font families using one of the following methods:

- Web fonts:

Using Adobe Fonts in Animate

Using Google fonts in Animate CC

- CSS @font-face Rule

CSS @font-face Rule

Example:

@font-face

{

font-family: 'EthnocentricRg-Regular';

src: url("fonts/ethnocentric rg.ttf");

}

On Windows, the font-family property value should be the name in the title of the font dialog window or in the Font name field, like in the image below.

- CSS Web Safe Fonts

CSS Web Safe Fonts

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the answer.

That's what I want, the text exported into vectors. I will have many banners so far I make the text in Adobe Illustrator and convert it into shape then import it into Animate CC but with a lot of banners I will waste a lot of time to make the text in the Illustrator and then bring it to Animated
Please tell me how I can set the font export in vector or bitmap, I do not find the option in Publishing Settings and why this has a negative impact on Benner's performance.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoãoCésar

How would I implement the  CSS @font-face Rule  in Adobe Animate, i.e. where would I add the CSS code?

Would the CSS component be the way?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've never tried with the CSS component, but I guess it would work as well.

The way I usually do is to create an HTML template and add the CSS rules in it.

In this tutorial, I show how to achieve this (it starts on ~12:27):

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, two ways to possible to do it.

Much appreciated.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

João César,

Thanks for all your help so far, one final thing to ask you, I haved noticed that when the published file initally loads the default font can show, before quickly going to custom text embed. It is for less than a split second so not major, but is there any way to have it display the cusom text from the start?

Best

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is called FOUT (flash of unstyled text).

https://css-tricks.com/fout-foit-foft/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines