Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 DCM Button Stuck on Hover State

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum

I'm having an issue getting a 'More Info' button hover state to work properly on a HTML5 banner ad, when testing against Google Double Click validator.

The button states works fine when testing locally e.g. Up, Over, Down all display as defined in the button symbol.

However testing the zipped file in the Google DCM validator, when you rollover onto the advert, the button state gets stuck on 'Hover'.

It does move onto 'Down' when clicking on the image, but the button never reverts to the default 'Up' state.

I'm not sure if this is to do with adding click tag HTML into the document, or if it is just an issue with the way I've set up the button states in Animate.

Any help would be grateful!!

Project Files Saved Here

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Hi Dan

I've looked at your file. The reason why it's get stuck on the hover (over) state is that you inserted a hit area the size of the entire canvas.

Hence there's always hit and the button is in over state all the time you are mousing your output. HTML5 Ads are often inserted into iFrames. Which precisely encapsulates the stage/canvas. When you roll out of the canvas you also roll out of the iframe. And the Up-event can't be detected/triggered because you are in another window (browser window).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan

I've looked at your file. The reason why it's get stuck on the hover (over) state is that you inserted a hit area the size of the entire canvas.

Hence there's always hit and the button is in over state all the time you are mousing your output. HTML5 Ads are often inserted into iFrames. Which precisely encapsulates the stage/canvas. When you roll out of the canvas you also roll out of the iframe. And the Up-event can't be detected/triggered because you are in another window (browser window). When you test locally your canvas in still in only one browser window and when you roll out of the canvas the Up-event works.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus

Thank you thank you thank you x 1000000, this was bugging the hell out of me and yet the answer is so obvious!!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So how can we execute a rollover effect in an HTML5 banner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines