• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 File Not Opening in Browser?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a published .html file from Adobe Animate with very basic Go To and Play and Stop calls that has previously tested fine and worked fine in Firefox (Safari and Chrome didn't like viewing the file for security reasons or something). Only I continued working on the project and suddenly now I open the published files in Firefox it just shows a blank white page? I've attached screenshots of my publishing settings but I haven't changed any of them since it worked before - it's almost as though the browser just can't cope with the larger file or something? I feel like it could be security settings in the browser or something but it's frustrating when it's worked before and now it's suddenly stopped when the only thing that has changed is more content...

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 21.00.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 21.01.02.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 21.01.12.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and it seems to be solved after updating Animate.

If it does not help please make a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

"Only I continued working on the project and suddenly now I open the published files in Firefox it just shows a blank white page?"

ThomasB is right: You are not using the latest version of Animate according to the look of your Publish Settings.

But it could also be that in the progress of your file a problem arose. When you see a blank white page have a look at the browser's Web Console (Firefox: Tools => Web Developer => Web Console). If here an Error is listed (sometimes because of a seemingly benign reason like an instance is wrongly referred to in your code) it is quite normal that your page stays blank.

And then by the sound of it "(Safari and Chrome didn't like viewing the file for security reasons or something)" it seems that you open the HTML file directly from your disk instead of testing it from Animate CC. Animate sets up a local web server, without the support of this server errors can as well show up.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this error on the console... but to be completely honest I don't know what that means and it's not there when I open the previous iterations of the project? Again, it only seems to be now there's more content/a bigger file?

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 16.19.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, that can't be a big problem.

In line 11792 char 1 a closing bracket ) is missing. The line number is from your published PORTFOLIO.js file and is not identical with the line number of your code in your timeline. Click on PORTFOLIO.html:11792:1 and it will bring you to the Debugger where you can find the code and location of your mistake. Then go to your timeline code and do the repair.

If you experience difficulties then paste your code (your code, not the published PORTFOLIO.js) here. I will have a look.

The second line: AdobeAn is not defined is just a consequence of error one. That will vanish once you added the missing ).

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the section it has an issue with, specifically the first line saying

this.frame_30 = function() {

It's the same as all the other frames so I'm not sure why there's only an error coming up here...

this.frame_30 = function() {

this.stop();

this.ButtonCoverRight.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(2);

}

this.HomeButton.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_35.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_35()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(451);

}

this.LetsGetStarted.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_37.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_37()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(2);

}

this.PageTravel01.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_73.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_73()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(452);

}

this.PageTravel02.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_74.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_74()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(796);

}

this.PageTravel03.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_75.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_75()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(840);

}

this.PageTravel04.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_76.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_76()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(884);

}

this.PageTravel05.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_78.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_78()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(928);

}

this.PageTravel06.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_79.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_79()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(972);

}

this.PageTravel07.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_80.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_80()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1016);

}

this.PageTravel08.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_81.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_81()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1060);

}

this.PageTravel09.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_82.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_82()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1104);

}

this.PageTravel10.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_83.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_83()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1148);

}

this.PageTravel11.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_84.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_84()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1192);

}

this.PageTravel12.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_85.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_85()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1236);

}

this.PageTravel13.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_86.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_86()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1280);

}

this.PageTravel14.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_87.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_87()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1324);

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, not sure if you've had a chance to look at that code yet but I've just looked at the console again for that faulty line and then compared it to the code from the same frame in an older version (which does work, but is not complete) and they're exactly the same? I've attached screenshots...

So this is the one that is broken... I've highlighted the line it says is missing a closing bracket )...

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 14.32.32.png

And this is the one that does work... as far as I can see it is all exactly the same...

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 14.31.59.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

Sorry for replying so late.

I understand now that you publish your project with Include Javascript in HTML set. That's why we have to look at PORTFOLIO.html to get to the exact line with the SyntaxError: missing ( in parenthetical.

Your screenshot 1 (the one that is broken...) shows line 3393 : this.frame_30 = function() {...};

Your screenshot 2 (the one that does work...) shows line 9778 : this.frame_30 = function() {...};

Look instead for the line 11792 in PORTFOLIO.html from screenshot 1.

Can you attach a Debugger view from around this line ?

Or look at the code you've added in your authoring file: PORTFOLIO.fla in frame 30.

Can you paste that code (frame 30) in your reply, please ?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's okay, Easter holidays and all that!

But sorry I've been moving things around and trying to re-publish loads which is why the lines in the console and debugger don't match up. It's made it a bit confusing so I'm attaching the Console view and the Debugger view with that broken line highlighted. And under that I've pasted the code from that frame as well so you can view it all together. Sorry for the confusion...

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 16.17.19.png

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 16.17.29.png

And here is the code...

this.stop();

this.ButtonCoverRight.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(2);

}

this.HomeButton.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_35.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_35()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(451);

}

this.LetsGetStarted.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_37.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_37()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(2);

}

this.PageTravel01.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_73.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_73()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(452);

}

this.PageTravel02.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_74.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_74()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(796);

}

this.PageTravel03.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_75.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_75()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(840);

}

this.PageTravel04.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_76.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_76()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(884);

}

this.PageTravel05.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_78.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_78()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(928);

}

this.PageTravel06.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_79.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_79()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(972);

}

this.PageTravel07.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_80.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_80()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1016);

}

this.PageTravel08.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_81.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_81()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1060);

}

this.PageTravel09.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_82.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_82()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1104);

}

this.PageTravel10.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_83.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_83()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1148);

}

this.PageTravel11.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_84.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_84()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1192);

}

this.PageTravel12.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_85.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_85()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1236);

}

this.PageTravel13.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_86.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_86()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1280);

}

this.PageTravel14.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_87.bind(this));

function fl_ClickToGoToAndPlayFromFrame_87()

{

this.gotoAndPlay(1324);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

maybe you could try something else. Paste in your current PORTFOLIO.html in frame 30 this code :

this.stop();

var here = this;

here.frameFinder = {

"ButtonCoverRight": 2,

"HomeButton": 451,

"LetsGetStarted": 2,

"PageTravel01": 452,

"PageTravel02": 796,

"PageTravel03": 840,

"PageTravel04": 884,

"PageTravel05": 928,

"PageTravel06": 972,

"PageTravel07": 1016,

"PageTravel08": 1060,

"PageTravel09": 1104,

"PageTravel10": 1148,

"PageTravel11": 1192,

"PageTravel12": 1236,

"PageTravel13": 1280,

"PageTravel14": 1324

};

here.clickHandler = function (e) {

var etn = e.target.name;

var goframe = here.frameFinder[etn];

here.gotoAndPlay(goFrame);

};

here.on("click", here.clickHandler, here, false);

Delete or temporarily remove all other code in frame 30. Make a test ...

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just wait with this test. There's a problem I'm still working on. I'll let your know

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a typo in line 28. This is now the good version:

this.stop();

var here = this;

here.frameFinder = {

"ButtonCoverRight": 2,

"HomeButton": 451,

"LetsGetStarted": 2,

"PageTravel01": 452,

"PageTravel02": 796,

"PageTravel03": 840,

"PageTravel04": 884,

"PageTravel05": 9,

"PageTravel06": 972,

"PageTravel07": 1016,

"PageTravel08": 1060,

"PageTravel09": 1104,

"PageTravel10": 1148,

"PageTravel11": 1192,

"PageTravel12": 1236,

"PageTravel13": 1280,

"PageTravel14": 1324

};

here.clickHandler = function (e) {

var etn = e.target.name;

var goframe = here.frameFinder[etn];

here.gotoAndPlay(goframe);

};

here.on("click", here.clickHandler, here, false);

copy/paste/try

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bloo...! In line 13 you should change the number to 928. The 9 is from my test context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I use to edit the HTML directly? Sorry I'm quite new to this and I can't seem to find a way to change it? Any idea as well why this has stopped working when almost the exact same code is fine in previous versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I tried pasting that bit into frame 30 in Animate and published it to see if that would work and I still get the same error saying there's a ) missing the parenthetical:

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 20.39.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ben for all the troubles you have to go through.

It seems to me that this missing ) in parenthetical is a gremlin that factually doesn't exist though still floats around somewhere.

It might be worth a try: Open you most recent PORTFOLIO.fla in Animate and use Menu => Control => Empty Publish Cache and then save in under a new/modified name and test it again.

maybe ..

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly still no, the same error still comes up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So turns out there was an extra } in some of the frames. I went through and deleted them and now it is coming up with a new error in the code that Animate generated so I don't know how to solve it.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 11.41.45.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 11.41.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benwxtkins  wrote

So turns out there was an extra } in some of the frames. I went through and deleted them and now it is coming up with a new error in the code that Animate generated so I don't know how to solve it.

Well, Ben

The original SyntaxError was "missing ) in parenthetical" (parenthesis). Now you deleted a couple of extra } (brace-s) in some of your frames. This can't be right. it led to the new SyntaxError "unexpected token: ')'". The error is probably not in line 32659, it might have happened somewhere in the code long before. It's only in that line where the unexpected parenthesis pops up. 

What's the filesize of your project? If it is not too big (zipped below ≈ 2 MB), can you share it in a Cloud Drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, Creative Cloud) ?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll try and zip it and send it across. Getting rid of the extra } did solve the first error and then the unexpected token ) was somewhere else and I sorted that too - it’s just this linrary not defined thing I don’t know how to fix. But I will send it across when I get a chance anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you didn't sort anything. You only moved the error to another position in the code.

Now the new error throws up a few questions about from where you test your project. There's obviously a reference error. Your lib is not defined. In combination with <anonymous> file:///users/bw380/Desktop/PORTFOLIO_WEBSITE.html:30:1, are you testing by clicking straight onto the HTML file on your Desktop? If so, it would be better to test it from Animate with Control -> Test. Then you have the support of a web server, instantiated by Animate.

Your debugger shows

Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 13.10.40.png

See that file:// is empty or undefined. Here is an analogue debugger view from one of my running projects:

Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 13.10.56.png

Here you have an IP address for the server, poh2.html and poh2.js are clearly defined and present (opposite to you I haven't included javascript in HTML, but that shouldn't matter).

Short and sweet: your HTML is undefined what makes the lib undefined.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I’ll send you the version before I made any of those changes when I get a chance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I managed to fix that and a few other errors but I've got this and I don't understand what it's saying - again, this part is generated by Animate so I don't know what it even means or how to fix it...

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.19.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.19.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines