• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

html5 file size

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I'm working on a 1.5 minute ad in html5. I'm experiencing difficulties with the file size. I'm at 13 seconds and when I export the video its already 350 MB. To get the images to turn into tweens I use adobe capture...turning my psd files into vectors. Before that I was importing to stage my PSD files in layers while flattening the bitmap...when I tested the video I saw the more I was adding the more pixelated the video. I thought that using vectors would help but I'm still experiencing large files even though the imports are 1KB. any advice? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When you say video, do you mean like a .mp4 or an actual HTML5 canvas animation to run on a website?

Anyway, if you want to reduce the file size of HTML5 ouput, don't forget to uncheck Export document as texture in the Publish Settings. In this way, vector shapes will be retained.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

When I go to control > test it is unable to show me the html because the file is too large. I'm no longer importing jpeg from my psd files and I'm solely working from vectors to keep the file size less large. I started adding text and the file went from 600MB to 1.3GB. Is it normal for a 30 second animation to be 1.3 GB when exporting as a quicktime video?

My settings don't come with that as an option. Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 12.13.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using Animate to create a video?

You said you are creating an ad. What kind of ad.

Vectors are not necessarily better. What you describe tells me there are too many and or they are too complex. I had an ad that was crawling. It was the teeny tiny snowflakes in the background.

I created a single transparent PNG of a snowflake and the problem was solved.

Also I create every single thing I can in Animate. The only things I import are photos.

I also had a vector of a credit card, I pasted from Illustrator. When I went to package my files I found a gigantic image in my images folder. Print people do not get the web. Never trust their assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a 1.5 minute animated 2D ad. So many layers and scenes and I'm making it in html5 to be embedded in a website.

Thank you! I did add images from adobe stock and i assumed because they were from illustrator that they were compatible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine

I've got the feeling that some things here got a bit confused.

In your post/reply from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I can see how it got quite confusing.

At this point what I'm attempting to create is a 1.5 minute animation with about 9 different animation scenes. I am working in the HTML5 canvas. When I first started I was importing psd files and motion tweening the layers. The file size was very large and started artifacting noticeably when I tested it at 13 seconds. I then decided to only start drawing and working in the animate. With the exception of some images I added from adobe stock. AI files. I tried testing the video and it is again too large to upload to the web. When I export it as a quicktime video it is 1.3 GB and is only at 30 seconds so I'm scared that if I continue i will create an animation that is too large to upload to anything.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also-

my screenshot above was to show that there is no image settings tab. I have animate adobe cc 2017

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fla file size is 2.4 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your animation can be canvas, and display on a web page, why does it need to be Quicktime?

Tips for figuring out where the bloat is coming from, is to check your published images file. Are your images larger (dimensions or DPI ) than they need to be? Crop and resize bitmaps, then reimport.

I used to have 2 useful JSFL files for Animate Canvas. One was a filter finder, and the other listed what caused k weight. In your case MB weight.

I managed to find a link to it. Install and run and you will have a report that will show you where the bloat is.

HTML5 Canvas Size Report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you were creating an ad.

If you are creating a banner ad, simply publish your Animate file as Canvas. Then all you need to do is add the clicktag var

<script  type="text/javascript">var clickTag = "https://www.google.com";</script>

and

onclick="javascript:window.open(window.clickTag)"></canvas> to the canvas element.

Is there some reason why you would be trying to create video from a PSD, rather than exporting a canvas animation. Animate can tween your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines