Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Opens to a blank page, Error 800A138F

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm trying to complete a small banner animation for my school assessment but keeping hitting a wall when publishing. My animation is made up of 4 images that are on screen for 4 frames while an mp3 audio file plays in the background. I can publish the HTML fine on my end, when i open it in browser it works. When I try to send it to my assessors or anyone else it opens to a blank screen.

When I opened the JS file I get the following error. If anyone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Going back to your original problem, I noticed something that could lead to problems. You are using the online version of CreateJS, the link points to code.createjs.com. If your assessors try to look at your files while they're not online, the window will be blank.

In Publish Settings Advanced tab is a Hosted Libraries option. Try unchecking that, and when you send the files make sure it includes the main JS file, the folder of sounds, folder of images, and the 'libs' folder. You could also send

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are the first 20 or so lines of your js file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! I'm not sure where to find that information. I went into the developer tools within the web browser while the animation was running and found these lines of script in the source tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the same directory as that html file is your js file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh right,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have an bitmap that has the same name as your fla.  fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I rename my .fla file it will fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The atlas name has an underscore at the end, so I don't think the name matters, and did you name it anyway, or did Animate publish it that way? If it did, renaming the FLA would just lead to another similar named atlas.

You could go into Publish Settings, and turn off the spritesheet option for now, to see if that at least gets it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin thanks for the reply,

Yeh I named the file that myself for publishing. I tried publishing it under a different name and unticked the 'combine image assets into spritesheets' box but unfortunately its still the same outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try it.

but if it fails, attach a screenshot showing your library bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for being daft but I don't know how to do that. Do I find my libraries bitmaps in animate or where I was taking screen shots before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in animate's library panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Googled this (and I might be WAY off but I'd rather comment, get laughed at instead of sitting quiet when it could potentially help ) and some tried the sfc command at the command prompt:

sfc /scannow

And they said this helped them.

Cheers

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're way off if the only problem is that js file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to your original problem, I noticed something that could lead to problems. You are using the online version of CreateJS, the link points to code.createjs.com. If your assessors try to look at your files while they're not online, the window will be blank.

In Publish Settings Advanced tab is a Hosted Libraries option. Try unchecking that, and when you send the files make sure it includes the main JS file, the folder of sounds, folder of images, and the 'libs' folder. You could also send that zip file to a friend, to make sure they can run it locally while offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I unchecked that box and it seems to have made some progress. The way I've been testing to see if they work is by uploading the files to my schools submission webpage and then downloading those files on to my computer. Previously they would open to a blank page so I assumed what I would see downloading these files is what my assessors would see.

Since unchecking the hosted libraries option, after uploading and downloading the files they work correctly. When I email the files to myself they work correctly too (where before it was a blank page)

However when I emailed them to my girlfriend they open to a blank page again. Im wondering if its just her computer or internet explorer she uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the browser she is using. But, as things have improved for you I would hope it would be improved for your assessors too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great. Fingers crossed! I'm going to submit it for marking like this and i'll let you know how it goes if you're interested. Sometimes it takes a week or so before its marked.

Thank you all for the advice so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the blank screen and have tried everyting from changing Publishing settings to using different browsers.

Nothing seems to work and I can not grade my student's work.

I'm going to reccommend NOT using Adobe Animate in future courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

start a new thread. this one's outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines