• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 vs Html

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m new to Adobe Animate and creating HTML5 banners. Also I know minimal about coding. I created what I thought was an HTML5 banner but when the web developer tested it I got feedback that it’s only HTML and not an HTML5 format. 

When I started, I created a new file under the Web tab and HTML5 canvas was selected. When I got this feedback I opened a new document under the Advanced tab and selected HTML5 canvas and see no difference in the publish output window. 

What at am I doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Ad development , How to , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

I am pretty sure Adobe animate only does HTML5 not HTML. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/creating-publishing-html5-canvas-document.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure Adobe animate only does HTML5 not HTML. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/creating-publishing-html5-canvas-document.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You are correct. I used Google Ads to test my banner and it had me tweak small things in the code and that resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animate CC HTML5 is CANVAS. This means that it does not exactly work like regular HTML. For example you cannot directly use CSS or jQuery unless you have a component because components add jquery to the publishing.

For most documentaion you could read docs on create.js and of course search here on the forum when you have questions.

I am in the process of redoing my website and will add tutorial in the future to help beginners.

Good luck on your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines