• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huion Display Tablet Problems..

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've just gotten Adobe Animate for my fifteen year old daughter so she could animate for fun, but every time she uses one of the brush tools the entire app lags out like crazy.

I'm not firmiliar with animation nor have experience with it, but I am certain brushes aren't supposed to do that. Every time she creates a curved line for her animated character design, either the whole program freezes up, or the drawing tool just makes the squiggly line straight automatically.

At first we thought the tablet was just acting up so we tested that theory by using not one, but several different drawings programs which all worked fine. We debated on whether or not she should just use another animation program, but she insisted she liked Adobe better than every other animation program we looked at. She said she looked up many different ways on how to fix the lag, but nothing has seemed to be working so I came here to see if anyone has any advice.

Any help?

TOPICS
Error , How to , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

The brush should be very responsive with no lag at all, so obviously your kid's experience is not what it should be.

Animate does not have any user accessible drawing tablet settings other than the little buttons in Properties panel which switch on and off pressure/tilt sensitivity.

First thing to do is to test and see if using the brush with the mouse also lags. If yes, then there could be some general issue with the install or inability of the computer to cope with the vector strokes.

If the mouse works without lag, then it is clearly a communication problem between the drawing device and Animate.

Officially only Wacom devices are supported, but many people use others with varying level of success.

You should check whether there is any information on Huion's website or forums, update tablet driver and play with all possible settings, while restarting Animate every time in the process to make sure it picks up the new settings.

I have seen people online talk how for some programs Windows Ink should be enabled while for others it should be disabled and so on. I'm only experienced with Wacom so I can't give further advice, but I wish you luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines