Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huion Inspiroy H320M compatibility

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

As a very beginning animator it seems I need to start with a drawing tablet but not a display tablet, price being a factor.  After a lot of online research and a few videos, the Huion H320M seems like it will do what I need.  Does anyone know if it will work with Animate CC and Illustrator?  I'm planning to do it all on my MacBook Pro.  If you know of any similar products that you like better, feel free to share that too.

Thanks for your help!

Tyler

TOPICS
Other , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

Illustrator most likely will be fine with the Huion.

Animate, unfortunately, is a different case altogether. There is at least one topic per day here from people whose tablets are not working as they should.

(A typical complaint sounds like: "My XXXX tablet works perfectly fine in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fire Alpaca, etc. but look what it does in Animate. What should I do to make the brush behave like in Clip Studio Paint?...")

Up until this latest version 20 the only tablets that worked 100% correctly were Wacom devices. With the rest it can be hit or miss. Now even Wacoms have issues sometimes. 

Animate's problems with drawing tablets are too big now and too obvious, so they can't be swept under the rug any more. Hopefully soon there will be better support for non-Wacom devices.

But until this becomes reality, getting a Huion with the intention to use it in Animate will be risky. 

There is no guarantee it will work and no one will be able to tell you why.

ps. You can see, just as I was typing my responce to you another Huion user started the 1000th thread here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/adobe-animate-tablet-calibration-bug/td-p/10995597?page=1

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nick!

The more I think about it, the more I feel like as a beginner I would be better off using a display tablet or an iPad and maybe I should wait and save up the money for it.  Even a used iPad would work... right?  
Thanks very much for your time (and patience!  I'm definitely a noob here).

Best,

Tyler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Tyler,

I'm afraid that an iPad is probably the worst possible option for Animate. It may work via some 3rd party app, but definitely not natively.

Personally I would recommend a Wacom Intuos, probably a pro model of moderate size. It is a device that will serve you well for 10+ years and is most likely to be supported by both Wacom and Adobe long term.

It only takes a couple of days to learn to draw on the desk while looking at the monitor, so that shouldn't be the issue that makes you go for a display tablet. Display tablet technology ages faster.

I really want Wacom's competitors such as Huion to get full support as soon as possible and I'm hoping that this time is really close now, but until it becomes reality and confirmed by many users I just have to warn you against buying non-Wacom for work with Animate.

Good luck on your journey!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, thank you again sir!

Best,

Tyler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry one more follow-up, would this be a viable option-  using any tablet (display or non-, including Huion) with illustrator (and photoshop?) just to create images, and then transferring the images to Animate to use only on the laptop?  I thought that might open up my options for the tablet.  
Again, thanks for your help.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines