Highlighted

I can not read ActionScript 1 in Flash CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I was sent an .fla file by a potential client to see if I could convert the animation to HTML5. As luck would have it - I do still have CS6 on my computer - but when I  hit F9, in the opened file, I see this:  Warning: in this unregistered version, no Action Script will be generated while exporting the FLA. Please purchase the full version to get Action Script at http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/index.htm.

whattheheck.png
Questions:

1.  Can I work on ActionScript 1 in Flash CS6 (I know I used to be able to?!?? I do not see ANY ActionScript only that warning)?

2.  If not, is there anyway to see/work with ActionScript 1?

3. What is the meaning of that warning?

4.  Does anyone have any links on best practices for converting an ActionScript 1 & 2 fla file to HTML5?!! 

Thank you!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

someone decompiled a swf in order to create that fla

TOPICS
ActionScript, Code, Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can not read ActionScript 1 in Flash CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I was sent an .fla file by a potential client to see if I could convert the animation to HTML5. As luck would have it - I do still have CS6 on my computer - but when I  hit F9, in the opened file, I see this:  Warning: in this unregistered version, no Action Script will be generated while exporting the FLA. Please purchase the full version to get Action Script at http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/index.htm.

whattheheck.png
Questions:

1.  Can I work on ActionScript 1 in Flash CS6 (I know I used to be able to?!?? I do not see ANY ActionScript only that warning)?

2.  If not, is there anyway to see/work with ActionScript 1?

3. What is the meaning of that warning?

4.  Does anyone have any links on best practices for converting an ActionScript 1 & 2 fla file to HTML5?!! 

Thank you!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
ActionScript, Code, Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very much doubt an Adobe product error message is directing users to sothink dot com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a picture. I didn't unstand it either....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 1
TaaDaa LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooooooooh NICE!! That would explain it!!

Also just as a helpful tip... You CAN download a free (1 month) copy and get to the actionscript in their SoThink Decompiler.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can work with as1 in flash cs6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out the picture I just added to my post.  You will notice that I highlighted the frame with (a) ActionScript in it and truly that warning came up. I remember being able to code in AS1 and AS2 in CS6?!?!?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 1