Highlighted

I can't draw over a previous stroke

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew a stroke on a layer to cover up something, and im trying to draw something over it (to change the facial expression on a character). But the stroke im drawing is going underneath the previous stroke.

How do i fix this?

Hi sodaddict

Is it possible that you've grouped the previous stroke (ctrl/cmd + g)? In that case if you draw something seemingly on top of it, the grouped element will stack above no matter what.

Or could you not use layers?

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't draw over a previous stroke

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew a stroke on a layer to cover up something, and im trying to draw something over it (to change the facial expression on a character). But the stroke im drawing is going underneath the previous stroke.

How do i fix this?

Hi sodaddict

Is it possible that you've grouped the previous stroke (ctrl/cmd + g)? In that case if you draw something seemingly on top of it, the grouped element will stack above no matter what.

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 02, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sodaddict

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that was the problem. 

Thanks for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0