• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't view or test my work in Animate cc.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I have a very annoying crash in the Animate cc app. Every time that I attempt to view my project by clicking the Control and then Test option, Animmate cc will attempt to export my project to the Internet Explorer browser and then the program will stall and crash everytime. All insight will be apreciated. Is there a way around this??

Kind Regards,

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

create a new fla and test publishing.

if that works, you have a corrupt asset in your problematic flash file.  copy the fla to a test directory and then start by deleting 1/2 the library assets until you can successfully publish (though there will probably be actionscript errors because of the removed assets).  by successively removing 1/2 the remaining assets you can most efficiently narrow the search.

if all fla's fail to publish, the problem is your animate, not your fla.  in that situati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new fla and test publishing.

if that works, you have a corrupt asset in your problematic flash file.  copy the fla to a test directory and then start by deleting 1/2 the library assets until you can successfully publish (though there will probably be actionscript errors because of the removed assets).  by successively removing 1/2 the remaining assets you can most efficiently narrow the search.

if all fla's fail to publish, the problem is your animate, not your fla.  in that situation start by reset your preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/animate-cc-crashes-on-launch-startup.html

(or remove

Win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because there's a list of suggestions it's not clear what do you mean by "it didn't work for me".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Thank you for replying. 

I tried your steps but it didn't work for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well but I can't see the preview of my animation on any browser. When I place it in the iframe on my website it doesn't show either. 

I have also tried to erase the cache from the browser... 

Something curious is that I took one of the HTML files that last worked and I could open it on Dreamweaver but when I tried to preview it ... didn't show it either.... (I can't see the new ones on Dreamweaver) 

I have no idea what the problem is. I have been trying for 8 hours...

It was working perfectly this morning. I have made changes and I need to fix this problem before Monday in order to show those changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open your browser's developer console to see if there are errors or other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines