Exit

I cant find path tool!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kein ze4ichenstift.JPG
Hello everyone,

I want to create my own shapes with the path tool but its not available in my Adobe Animate and I can't find it - Its nowhere in the toolbar (not in any subsections too).

What am I missing?
Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Kevin

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Click on the three dots at the bottom of the tools panel - it's in there.

dots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Path tool"? What's that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the three dots at the bottom of the tools panel - it's in there.

dots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Selection, Subselection, Classic Brush, Fluid Brush, Paint Brush, Pencil, Pen, Add/Delete/Convert Anchor Point, Line, Eraser, Rectangle, Rectangle Primitive, Oval, Oval Primitive, Polystar, Free Transform, Gradient Transform, Paint Bucket, Ink Bottle, Camera, Bone, Bind, 3D Rotation, 3D Translation, Text, Eyedropper, Hand, Rotation, Time Scrub, Lasso, Polygon, Magic Wand, Width, Asset Warp, and Zoom tools.

I do not see a Path tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed "Pen" was what was meant by "path" tool -  especially since it lies off the main panel (I think, since the 2020 update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, pens and paths are completely different things in Animate, so let's see how this goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously I'm new to Animate ClayUUID, and since I didn't have the tool to look for its name I named it how its called in basicly every other adobe programm. So please don't be so elitist about it. Thanks. If you're so confused about it and don't know what I was refering to, maybe sit this one out. Freelance77 put 1 and 1 together and knew directly what I was talking about.
Thanks for the effort tho I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Animate all call that tool the Pen Tool. Which Adobe products have a "Path Tool"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Freelance77! First time I clicked it nothing came up. After I restarted, I was able to put the Pen tool in my tool bar.
Cheers to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines