• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I clicked the animation file 'Open' and it won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the animation file 'Open' and it won't open because there was an error in the file. What if the other files are open and only one file is open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Ouch. Can you upload the FLA somewhere so I can try opening it on my end? As kglad mentioned, it is corrupt and there may be nothing we can do unless you made a copy of the file somewhere. Is there a file in the same folder as your corrupt file named "RECOVER_main.fla"?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand "What if the other files are open and only one file is open?"

are you trying to say that you have one particular fla file that adobe animate cannot open because you see an 'unable to open document' error?

if so, you have a corrupt fla and may be able to repair with winrar but it would be more reliable to open a backup, if one exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I'm using MacBooks, not Windows. Excuse me, how do I make backup files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create a backup file: Save the file with a new name - typically "myFileName_backup.fla" or similar. Basically, create a copy of it.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. But,,the error file is not opened, so i can't save the file with 'a new name'... ㅠㅅㅠ What can i do???!! ㅠ ㅅ ㅠㅅ ㅠ ㅅ ㅠ  So sad.... OMG... This is my graduation artwork but it have error and i can't operate..I need to finish my graduation work.... Somebody help me.ㅠ ㅠ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message? Hard to tell what's wrong without more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

스크린샷 2019-08-01 오후 1.27.32.pngThank you for your answer. the kind of...this error  !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, you have a corrupt fla and may be able to repair with winrar but it would be more reliable to open a backup, if one exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch. Can you upload the FLA somewhere so I can try opening it on my end? As kglad mentioned, it is corrupt and there may be nothing we can do unless you made a copy of the file somewhere. Is there a file in the same folder as your corrupt file named "RECOVER_main.fla"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't open it and you don't have a backup of the fla, did you make any swfs while you were working on it? If so, you could try a decompiler to extract as much out of it as possible. This one looks newer: Flash Decompiler Trillix Mac - SWF Decompiler for Mac - SWF to FLA - Decompiler SWF Mac​ . This is one I used to use https://www.sothink.com/product/flash-decompiler-for-mac/download.htm​,  but it's much older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you clicking on the file from your desktop or are you trying to open it from with in Adobe Animate.

I you are trying to open it from Adobe animate and by chance you moved the file from your desktop or maybe renamed it,

that could also be a problem because animate won't know where the file moved or if it has been given a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines