• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I noticed that when I upload a Canvas, it gets saved to Google Chrome memory and can't see changes.

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to clear the cache on new uploads of the same file names?

Right now, it seems I have to upload all new file names in order to see changes .. it's a tedious task.. 

Thanks ahead,

Line

//Signature// I'm a creator. I love illustration, designing, animating , writing, voice overs, acting, making games .. Woo woo!
TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad, 

I will try that!

//Signature// I'm a creator. I love illustration, designing, animating , writing, voice overs, acting, making games .. Woo woo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad I am trying your suggestion and for some reason it's still displaying cached stuff.. 

My other issue I guess with this is, if anyone visits the page and gets cached one version, it's there ~forever! Is there something I need to add to the .html that says no-cache like a meta tag?

Line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are lots of ways to prevent caching some more reliable than others and depending on whether you want "live" updates/refreshes (eg, like web-based email).  the most easy and reliable depend on your server language. eg, here's for an apache server, https://support.tigertech.net/prevent-caching

i generally like more direct control and often use an index.html page that loads the main.html page with a query string appended.  here's an example where i use javascript to load the start page:

in index.html:

<script src="js/main.js?v="+1></script>  // for deployment i just increment a version number so users can cache

<script src="js/main.js?v="+new Date().getTime()></script>  // for testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines