Highlighted

I want to make an animated start menu

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an idea to make a start menu for my animation (similar to DVD start menus). Behind the button, I want a small animation to continually play (loop) until I press "play", where the actual animation will begin and the previous small animation will not be visible.

How would I do this?

TOPICS
ActionScript, Code, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I want to make an animated start menu

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an idea to make a start menu for my animation (similar to DVD start menus). Behind the button, I want a small animation to continually play (loop) until I press "play", where the actual animation will begin and the previous small animation will not be visible.

How would I do this?

TOPICS
ActionScript, Code, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

There are several ways to achieve what you want.

One approch would be to have two frames in the main timeline: the first one for the play button and the loop animation behind it and the second one containing the main animation you want to reveal.

In both frames the loop animation and the main animation will be Movie Clip instances holding the frames that make up the animations. As they are Movie Clips, their timelines play independently from the parent timeline. Meaning they will play even if the main timeline has only two frames.

Please let us know if this explanation is enough or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC, 

I added a simple button and made the loop animation a movie clip and it works just like I imagined! 

I played around with the suggestions and it appears you don't need to make the actual animation a movie clip either.

Thanks for everything, appreciate the help 🙂

animation test -works.PNG

Link to animation test result

https://bit.ly/2GRGpkJ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Great job!

And you're welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0