Highlighted

Images not showing when convert from Flash to HTML5 Canvas in Animate CC

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm converting Flash animations to HTML5 Canvas in Animate CC. I can't get my .jpg or .png images to show when I test or publish. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images not showing when convert from Flash to HTML5 Canvas in Animate CC

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm converting Flash animations to HTML5 Canvas in Animate CC. I can't get my .jpg or .png images to show when I test or publish. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2019 0
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was not possible to import flash to edge animate but its possible to export flash to html5 canvas but in the latest Animate versions try to check the publish settings embedded and linked also the other formats options

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 2.12.05 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chemistry Guy

I don't know which version of Animate CC Dr. Ayman Raafat is using in his screenshot but it must be an older version of Animate. In newer versions the Publish Settings for HTML5/Canvas are looking like this (Ignore the different user interface color choice):

Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 12.30.59.png

While *.jpg or *.png images were encapsulated into the *.swf file, this is different under HTML5 conditions.

Export image assets are by default published into the images/ folder within your project folder.

Have you looked into your images/ folder if you can see your images or is the folder empty? Or even non-existent?

You have basically three choices for your graphics export:

- Export document as texture

Here all graphic elements including raster images (e.g. png), vectors and static texts are combined into spritesheets always with the name pattern:

yourfilename_atlas_n.png,

- or if this texture option is unchecked, only your raster images will be combined into spritesheets, when the additional option Combine images into spritesheet is ticked,

- if the last option is unchecked your raster images will be published as singles into the images/ folder.

Which version of Animate CC are you using?

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1
kdmemory LATEST
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adding on

i just realized that what I said about the screenshot of Dr. Ayman Raafat is not quite correct. Sorry. He is in the specialized SVG Image settings. But I don't think that helps in your issue.

The rest what I am writing is still relevant

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1