• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images with fuzzy edges after export

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I go to export an image or a movie from Animate, the image always comes through with fuzzy edges. How do I stop this from happening?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Hi mate,

It seems that this setting is broken in Animate.

I ran some tests and the last version that responds to unchecking the 'smoothing' setting is CS6.

Clipboard-2.png

All Animate versions have the Smooth option at least in the 'legacy' image export, but unchecking it does nothing.

So if you want aliased (hard) edges, find a copy of Flash CS6. It can open Animate files.

Export from CS6.

Hope this helps!

ps. Alternatively, of course, you can do some batch processing in Photoshop, for example. If you export a se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which format are you exporting your images? Can you provide us with detailed info on how to reproduce your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! 

I went to File-> Export ->Export Image -> PNG-8  with no transperency. Then, I hit save and exported, resulting in this. 

When I export from Macromedia Flash 8, however, the file comes out looking like this, With clean, hard edges.

I want to get the images produced from Animate to look like this, as the project I'm using them for requires the images I make in these programs to look like these latter files. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It seems that this setting is broken in Animate.

I ran some tests and the last version that responds to unchecking the 'smoothing' setting is CS6.

Clipboard-2.png

All Animate versions have the Smooth option at least in the 'legacy' image export, but unchecking it does nothing.

So if you want aliased (hard) edges, find a copy of Flash CS6. It can open Animate files.

Export from CS6.

Hope this helps!

ps. Alternatively, of course, you can do some batch processing in Photoshop, for example. If you export a sequence with Alpha channel you can batch process the Alpha through a Threshold and then apply it if you don't need the alpha.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang, for real? That sucks! Thanks a lot for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines