• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import wav audio - Limited file size / length?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm very new to Animate, I've watched a few tutorials and picked up the basics to start making short cartoons. The problem I have is that I've noticed the longer audio files aren't coming in full to the Stage.

Steps

1. Drag Wav file to Library
  2. Create new layer, name to match audio
  3. With new layer selected, drag and drop audio from library to Stage
  4. Audio is cut off at the end and I cannot extend the audio any further (see below

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2020-12-20 at 11.59.20.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate has limits on everything. 

the limit on frames in any one timeline is 16000 (which is more than you can possibly need).  ie, learn how to use movieclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying the timeline.

Is Movieclips a tool or are you saying to export shorter clips? My aim is to have 15+ min animations (which is more than 16000 frames) using the lip sync function. The whole this is a talking computer screen, so no cut aways are needed. Are you saying the fix is to export multiple files and piece together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can have an unlimited (time-wise) animation. 

eg, create a (few minutes in duration) movieclip that displays the start of what you want your user's to see.  put that on the first main timeline frame.

then create another (few minutes in duration) movieclip that displays the next part of what you want your user's to see.  put that on the next main timeline frame.

etc

you can then use code (as3 or js) to seemlessly move (if that's what you want) from one main timeline frame to the next displaying each of the movieclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting miltiple files and putting them together in Premiere would be one option. kglad was talking about a script solition, which I was going to tell someone else about in a different topic. I'll tell you about it, and can then use the same answer for the other post.

If you are working at 24 fps, you can get 11 minutes into one timeline. If you are using 30 fps that is still nearly 9 minutes. Either way, your 15+ minutes video should fit into two timelines.

Get the first half of the whole video into one MovieClip, and the second half into another MovieClip. Put those two movieclips into frame 1 and 2 of the main timeline. Both would be keyframes.

Select a cell in frame 1 of the main timeline, and in the Actions panel (make sure you are using an AcionScript 3.0 FLA, and not an HTML5 Canvas one), put this script:

stage.quality = "16x16";

this.stop(); //the 'this' is not needed in AS3, and I only put it there to be more JavaScript compatible

That will give the video the best possible quality, and stop on frame 1. As an aside, make sure that all sounds and images are set to lossless, there is no reason to make images be JPEG if you are going to export to video. The audio quality settings are in the Publish Settings. Make the Stream sound be 44kHz Raw.

Select a cell in the second frame of the main timeline, and make it be a keyframe. In the Actions panel put this:

this.stop();

Go into the first half movieclip, and select a cell in the last frame, make it be a keyframe. Put this into the Actions panel:

this.stop();
MovieClip(this.parent).gotoAndStop(MovieClip(this.parent).currentFrame+1);

Go into the second half movieclip, and also select a cell in the last frame, and make it be a keyframe. Add this script to the Actions panel:

this.stop();

That's it. You can now export to video, but instead of exporting to the last frame, you would export for a given amount of time. The amount of time would be the length of the first movieclip + the length of the second movieclip. In my test I set a start time of 0 and a duration of 2, because my two movieclips are only 1 second long each, and at 30 fps.

The technique works for up to 16000 movieclips, giving you up to 123 day long videos (with 24 fps video). Each movieclip would have the long line of script in it, except the last one, which would only have the this.stop(); in it.

I uploaded my test FLA here (it will be there for 7 days):

https://we.tl/t-9vo938AjFX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines