• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported from Illustrator, objects are split from their stroke and fill

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about to drive me insane, and neither Google nor Adobe's own help staff have been of any use.

I have an illustration that is completely vector art and created in the latest version of Illustrator. Then I go to Import > Import to Library in the latest version of Animate, and then drag the new symbol from the library to the stage. However, when I try to modify parts of the symbol - close a mouth, move a neck - by either pushing/pulling with the Selection tool or directly modifying anchor points with the Subselection tool, only the stroke will change. The fill seems to have been turned into its own discrete object with its own (identical) anchor points.

So it seems like each object that was created in Illustrator gets split into separate stroke and fill objects when imported into Animate. What on earth caused this, and how can I fix it so that I'm working with a single, unified stroke/fill object in Animate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Hi Christian

If your vectors in Illustrator have a stroke and this stroke is closed all around the object then imported into Animate you can manipulate anchor points and stroke and fill will hold together.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 11.04.45.png

Example. The red spots contain a fill and stroke. After import to Animate I can go and manipulate them both together. Maybe yu do something wrong with the import settings for AI vectors. I always use Convert layers to : Animate Layers. Who knows, maybe there's a problem.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try just copying the design right out of illustrator and pasting it in animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christian

If your vectors in Illustrator have a stroke and this stroke is closed all around the object then imported into Animate you can manipulate anchor points and stroke and fill will hold together.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 11.04.45.png

Example. The red spots contain a fill and stroke. After import to Animate I can go and manipulate them both together. Maybe yu do something wrong with the import settings for AI vectors. I always use Convert layers to : Animate Layers. Who knows, maybe there's a problem.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines